Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ashland


The Ashland trip with my FIG was wonderful. We got up at the crack of dawn (that being about 8AM for us college students) and hopped in a couple vans bound for Southern Oregon. There is some really beautiful scenery between Eugene and Ashland and lots and lots of sheep. I was the only guy in my van and I was totally cool with that haha. The girls I got to travel with are wonderful and hilarious.We talked and sang to show-tunes and just generally had an awesome time. We made it to Ashland by about noon and we had a little bit of time to wonder around before the matinee began. I ate lunch with my friend Vicky and we fed the ducks at a pond in lithia park. Then we goofed around in the gift shop momentarily before it was time to watch Hamlet. This was the second time I had seen the show down there but it was equally stunning the second time. I will be the first to admit that Shakespeare can drag a bit and in fact during the first act I may have been dozing slightly but the lighting and sound effects they are able to pull off down there are truly incredible. The acting of course is also spectacular. After the show we went and got some sandwiches and ice cream before having a thoroughly enjoyable ride back. It was ironic to me how vulgar and immature we all were being in a van driven by a professor of English. I couldn't tell whether she disapproved or found us amusing. Still, twas lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment