Friday, October 22, 2010

Some Thoughts


I've realized recently that college has been the biggest transition I have experienced in my whole life. That is probably why it has been so strange. Its been just about a month since I moved into the dorms here at U of O and I still feel kind of unsettled and off. It just doesn't quite feel like home yet. I still long for my room at home where I found solace. Having a roommate eliminates the possibility of a sanctuary where I can be alone with my thoughts. But then there are the times that I don't want to be alone. For example, Saturday I got really depressed. A bunch of my friends here had gone home for the weekend and I felt incredibly alone. Theoretically I probably could have found a party but at that point I only felt like laying there in my room. When my mood plummets there is this bad thought snowball effect that occurs so all of my worries surface at once. Currently I'm doing pretty good though. I got cast in an acting project called 356 days 365 plays and Acting class has maintained its level of awesomeness. Tomorrow my FIG (Freshman Interest Group) is going on a field trip to Ashland and its going to be loads of fun. We are seeing Hamlet which I have already seen in Ashland but I am excited to see it again. Also it is going to be fun to spend some time with the other people in my FIG who are pretty damn cool. Monday we have our midterm in History of Theatre though which is a class we are taking together in my FIG. Its going to suck but at least we can all study together. Next weekend I am headed home to Portland. I honestly cannot wait. I think I am more home sick than I realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment