Sunday, July 11, 2010

Algebra Tutor

Today I am helping my brother with his summer school math homework. Its pretty basic algebra but I have found that explaining things that seem simple to me to my younger brother can be quite challenging. I really want him to do well...plus my mom is paying me to tutor him $$$$. This in addition to my lifeguard money is gonna be sweet. Although most of it is going towards college I am still excited about it. Went to a family gathering this morning for my Aunt Wendy's birthday. Well technically she is not really my aunt. She is my dad's cousin's sister (its much simpler to refer to her as my "aunt"). Aunt Wendy recently had a stroke and hasn't been in very good condition. It was wonderful to see her chatting with people and being sociable. She seems to be on the mend. This is wonderful news to our whole family. I also got to see my grandparents and my 2nd cousin Haley who is pretty awesome. There were many other wonderful family members there and the whole occasion was quite delightful. There was also a pretty good potluck buffet. Now we are back at home and grinding away at Alex's math. He is doing pretty good and I have a ton of faith in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment